Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm making friends

Now that me and Gretchen are all settled in, I'm meeting some other dogs that I like a lot. Here's a picture of me and Davey, another doggie staying here with us. When he first came and sat in my bed with me, I wasn't sure about him. But then we had a nice nap, and now we're good friends. I like to hump him sometimes too.




I have a girlfriend, too! Her name is Pepper and she's the most beautiful lady in the whole world. She was only here for a couple of days, but I fell deeply, madly in love with her. Fake Mommy says Pepper visits a lot. I can't wait to see her again. Here's a picture of me wooing her.


Me and Gretchen are having fun together, too. We like to sleep together at night and sometimes during the day. One of our favorite things to do is dig holes in the lawn and eat roots. We didn't know how to do this when we first arrived, but the other dogs taught us how. Fake Mommy says it's okay, that we're "aerating" the lawn. I don't know what that means.

 

Well that's it for today. Fake Mommy told us that Mommy almost got blown up a few days ago. We were really worried, even after Mommy said she was safe. Mommy, don't get blown up!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning from Kabul my precious pups!

    Mama is really happy to see that you are all doing so well, especially my Louis-boy.

    Mama realized that she's now living spoiled rotten just like you pups--someone feeds her, cleans up after her, and even though she can't go outside and roam without being with someone (always a man) she's driven everywhere. Just like Wiener Wonderland, she has a big house with lots of people usually around, so she's never alone either. Mama has a nice yard, too, though she doesn't dig ;-) Springtime is coming and there'll be roses and trees and green grass.

    I wish you were here with me to keep me warm at night! My window still has the plastic up to keep out the elements. Hopefully today the carpenter will come and replace my glass. As you can imagine, with the whole of City Centre blown up, he's been busy!

    Louis, Mama's happy you found a friend--a girlfriend!--so soon! You do need LOTS of attention. :-)

    Gretchen, Mama forgives your fickleness. You do love your hoo-men (Mama does, too ;-) ).

    Doxie pups, take good care of sweet ol' Amy. You know she can't see a doggone thing. Let her know you're around so she doesn't get real scared.

    Mama sends all her love from sunny Kabul to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello precious pups,

    Mama got an email from Fake Mommy saying that Louis wanted to hear from me and what I've been up to. Today Waleed and I went to a Women's Day celebration at the Lincoln Learning Center at Kabul University. Waleed could understand everything 'cause he speaks Dari, but Mama couldn't figure out anything 'cause her Dari is real real basic. Anyway, we had all the Embassy folks back to our place for a traditional Afghan lunch.

    The Embassy folks hardly ever get out onaccounta because they're like real protected 'n stuff. So we're happy to have them come here and meet and eat. And they're happy, too :-)

    Tomorrow Mama's goin' to a Hash. That's a Brit gathering where they go for a long walk, play drinking games, and just have fun. It would be a lot more fun if you were with me! I really miss our walks. I can't go anywhere without my driver and/or security! If I want to get away, I go up on the roof and spy on the neighbors for entertainment.

    Well, Mama's been up since 6a workin' away and it's almost 11p. Wish you were here to heat up my bed for me. :-)

    Keep taking good care of poor sweet ol' Amy.

    With doxie hugs and all my love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Precious Pups,

    Fake Mommy zapped me today to ask me to post. Still haven't even posted to my own blog. But I write every day in my big journal that your Aunt Soraya gave me. There are lots and lots of stories to tell.

    Gotta run. It's Quiz Night and Mama's team is Quiz Master.

    Lots more later. My driver is here. Yeah, just like you spoiled kids Mama is driven everywhere. Well, almost. Last Thursday (our "Friday") Mama got to drive her friend's 4x4 all over Kabul. It was really fun!

    Pets all around. Bark atcha later. Love forever, Mama

    ReplyDelete